Tuesday, July 7, 2009

goin back like "babies with pacifiahs"...


i'm back in toronto!

sf was a blast and a half, and i took (based on my guesses) about 12 gb of photos. actual count to follow once it's been downloaded.

i'm a pretty huge mariah fan, and love getting the 'mariah reference' pics (when i travel especially). it's a way for me to capture the universal mariah love!

i got to hear mariah seven times publicly in san francisco:

1. vision of love (in a souvenir shop on the pier)
2. fantasy (on '90s on 9', a sattelite radio station while driving)
3. touch my body [seamus haji radio edit] (at a video-niteclub)
4. touch my body [seamus haji club mix] (at a diff video-niteclub)
5. we belong together [dance remix] (immediately followed #4)
6. endless love (in a cab on the radio)
7. always be my baby (at a sushi restaurant)

#4 & #5 were played in succession as soon as i walked into the club. not really a fan of these dance mixes of mariah, as they slow down her vocals to the point where it comes across as a zombie. #7 was played right when i was bragging to my friend about how we had heard mariah 6 times compared to his favourite artist zero times. as soon as it played again i had to text my friend david (also a big MC fan).

this list of course excludes mariah listens from my iPod. otherwise the list of mariah references would be astronomic.

No comments:

Post a Comment